Prayer Request Prayer Request for Strength and Healing.

William D'Andrea

Mar 6, 2017
On Wednesday I celebrated my 77th Birthday, and received good wishes from many of you members here on christianwriters.com.
While I stated that I'm in very good shape for a man my age, I'm still not immune to the effects of aging. I am feeling weaker, and having all kinds of aches and pains; some of which I haven't had before. I'm requesting prayers for strength and healing. Then I can get through my days comfortably, and hopefully get good night sleeps also.
I ask this all in Jesus Name. Amen.

On Wednesday I celebrated my 77th Birthday, and received good wishes from many of you members here on christianwriters.com.
While I stated that I'm in very good shape for a man my age, I'm still not immune to the effects of aging. I am feeling weaker, and having all kinds of aches and pains; some of which I haven't had before. I'm requesting prayers for strength and healing. Then I can get through my days comfortably, and hopefully get good night sleeps also.
I ask this all in Jesus Name. Amen.
There is a saying that gives success despite the aging process. And it is " Don't laugh or fear old age....but pray that you have reached it". When we are old , all our pleasures are behind us, but whe we were young , all our troubles were before us. Trust in the Lord. It is sad to have seen so many others who never will reach my age of 67.

When we are old , all our pleasures are behind us, but whe we were young , all our troubles were before us.
That does not describe me. There will still be troubles ahead, as long as I'm alive. I ask the Lord to help me avoid them, or to get through them with as little difficulty as possible. There will also be pleasures ahead. I ask the Lord to help me enjoy them, in a righteous way. If any of them can't be enjoyed in a righteous way, I ask the Lord to help me avoid them. In Jesus Name. Amen.

As someone beyond your 77, wake up each more grateful for each new day and pray to do God's will in it. Aches and pains are a part of life. Don't let them get you down.

Get up and thank God for the sunshine or the brightness of the sky. Thank Him for bringing you through the night. I am not a doctor but this is what I recommend. It works for me. Also, I keep a journal and each week, I devote a page to writing down THREE PRAISE NOTES for each day. I am considering changing this to five for 2023.

Get up and thank God for the sunshine or the brightness of the sky. Thank Him for bringing you through the night.
That's just what I do, when I get up at 6 in the morning; every day. Then I have a breakfast of Fiber One Cereal from General Mills. Followed by a pudding of oatmeal, with apple slices and cinnamon, and a mug of coffee. Around 8 AM, I leave the house, and walk for about 15 minutes, that's around one mile, to the nearby Stop & Shop Supermarket, in a local shopping center. Today I walked under a clear blue sky, in a pleasantly warm breeze, surrounded by very lush greenery. I happen to walk past two sumps, where the air is really fresh.
As I walk I also sing spiritual songs: "I Will Glorify the Lord". "A Closer Walk With Thee". "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus" and "Our Father Who Art in Heaven". I'm usually alone so nobody hears me singing.
When I get to the Stop & Shop, I stroll up and down all the aisles, browsing quietly, for about another 15 minutes. While I'm there I greet all the employees, who I consider friends, and stop to have conversations with some of them.
Then I go out for coffee at a bagel shop in the same shopping center.
I then return to the Stop & Shop, where I browse again; this time picking up a few food items.
Then I walk back home, carrying the food items I've purchased, in bags, taking another 15 minutes.
So I spend about an hour and a half or three quarters, on my feet, walking and praying every morning, which is my daily exercise.
I think that's a major reason I'm in such good shape for a man my age. I praise and thank the Lord for it all.
In Jesus Name. Amen.

Last edited:
I'm now asking for prayers, that I will feel just as good when I'm inside my apartment, as I do when I'm outside. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Recent Discussions

Back