The Future of CW - Important Announcement!

Wes B

Mostly Harmless
Jul 28, 2019
As additional sites are added I will link them in the navigation. CW is the first site going live in the network, so there's nothing else to see at the moment.
Aha !!!! So that's why brighttopics.com doesn't give any google search results... You are the originator, and this site is the first branch of the tree, so to speak...

I'd presumed, I guess, that you were joining a preexisting network, which we'd expect would have already left previous crumbs for google to gobble up. So you're producing something bigger, from the ground up. Kudos to you, and thanks loads for all you've already done...

Rebecca

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2017
You are the originator, and this site is the first branch of the tree, so to speak...
Exactly. :) I have the BrightTopics.com site blocked in robots.txt until the official changeover, so we don't get a duplicate content penalty. When we switch over, I'll 301 redirect CW URLs to the BT site within htaccess. So all our old links will still work, too.

Also, I have shortened URL in place for BrightTopics.com. If you type btopics.com it will also bring you to the right spot. Less to type and more convenient, especially on mobile.

So you're producing something bigger, from the ground up.
Yes. There is already another sister site waiting in the wings on the network. However, I wanted to get CW squared away first before officially adding that in.

Kudos to you, and thanks loads for all you've already done...
Thank you! Although, I have to give credit where it's due. CW wouldn't be the site it is today without all our fantastic members and moderators. You're all awesome! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: HK1

Rebecca

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2017
Another spoiler: There is an upcoming PWA for those who would prefer to use the site as a mobile app. :)

Reactions: HK1

Wes B

Mostly Harmless
Jul 28, 2019
Also, I have shortened URL in place for BrightTopics.com. If you type btopics.com it will also bring you to the right spot. Less to type and more convenient, especially on mobile.

A very handy tip! </Sarcasm= on> In all your spare time, </sarcasm=off> please do remind us of this in the future. I will try to remember on my own, but if past experience is any guide... :)

Yes. There is already another sister site waiting in the wings on the network. However, I wanted to get CW squared away first before officially adding that in.

Okay, now that is one huuuuuge tease!!!! Any chance you might hint at what that "sister site" might offer? I mean, this site is already one of my very favorites... you're saying you're going to add more to it???!!!

Thank you! Although, I have to give credit where it's due. CW wouldn't be the site it is today without all our fantastic members and moderators. You're all awesome! :)
It's so very like you to accept a compliment with modesty & humility. (We can learn much from your example!!) While I don't thank you nearly enough for all you've done here, I seem to remember to thank the moderators even less, so my thanks to you folks, as well...

...and I do very much appreciate the members here, and because their contributions are far more prominent, I expect I notice them far more often. Yet none of us would have a board on which to scribble to one another, if not for all you do, so thanx again...